Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Can a girl love two lamps at the same time? & Blog Following Swap

Blog Following Swap-Holy Cow, say that three times fast! Not easy to do but joining this Swap Party is a breeze. SJ at Homemaker on a Dime has initiated a great way to build your blog following. Head over and check out the details. In the meantime, I am now following Jodi at My Life on Cedar Street. She's relatively new on the blogging scene but she's definitely a girl after my own heart.  If you want some eye candy check out her post for yesterday-lots of beautiful pictures of some fabulous homes using my favorite palette-browns, creams, greens and yummy soft rusts.


Ohhh...I just got message from Court at Frog 2 Fab: she's my newest follower through Homemaker on a Dime. Thanks Court! Now, I'll follow her. See, I told you it was easy. We're just a big bunch of followers around here!


Now, I want to share a really quick little revamp I did with some lamp shades I bought awhile ago at Goodwill.


Yeah, $3.99 a piece. How could I walk away? I knew I'd use them someplace, sometime. Great lines and in my color!
My foyer um.. little area next to my front door has a sweet little table on which I recently placed these two PB lamps. Cute, but it just wasn't making it for me..not the right scale or proportion to fill the space but I let it go and went about putting away laundry. ..


and then I saw them-just where they had been sitting for weeks-on my bedroom dresser. What if i popped them right on top of the lamps?? Hmmm, let's run out and see!!


PERFECTION!
I love you both!

18 comments:

  1. Hi Karen...cute lamps...I am your newest follower from the swap link party...
    Tonja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen~ I love the lamps they look great and I love the color too; and what a great price! Thanks for visiting my blog. I am a new follower to yours, can't wait to see more of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jumped over from the swap party ... and liked your site. I'm following you and hope you drop in to visit me. Nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea. Looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen, your lampshade look wonderful, and add great proportion to your entry way. I found you through the Swap Party and am now a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karen, I LOVE your lampshades! I followed you over here from the Swap Follower party and glad I did. Love you blog!

    -Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Karen-I love the lampshades!!!! I turned around too fast and caught you :) So, here I am following you now :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the bike on your blog header, very fun! Cute lamp toppers, quite stylish! Popping in from the blog ho party and hope you will come for a visit. I,m now your most recent follower. I'm pleased you love Junk! me too! xoxo Marilou

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your lampshades look great! Found you from the blog following swap & am now a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the lamps! I'm your newest follower from the swap party. I've nominated you for the Stylish Blogger Award! For some reason, your comment box won't allow me to paste the blog link, but check my blog for details!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Your lamps are great! You have so many good ideas! I am following you now because of the Homemaker on a dime party.I am glad I found you.
    Ana Paula

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Karen! I'm following you now :) I'm so glad you joined our linky party. See you again in our next party. Btw, your lamps are to die for. I both love them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Karen! I am following you from Homemaker on a Dime. Your lamps are adorable. Your blog reminds me of mine (I had this same background at one time) and I am a thrifter too. Yay! You can find me at http://www.craftygeordi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Karen, I wanted to let you know I nominated you for the STylish Blogger Award. You can find the post here: http://militaryspousehouse.blogspot.com/2011/02/stylish-blogger-award.html

    Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your blog! I've nominated you for the Stylish Blogger Award. Check it out at: http://meldreamsoften.blogspot.com/2011/02/wow-im-so-excited-i-passed-by-blog.html

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  16. All the contents you mentioned in post is too good and can be very useful. I will keep it in mind, thanks for sharing the information keep updating, looking forward for more posts.Thanks DoctorReviewBlog

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for sharing this amazing post. i have also a same blog but i have get lots of ideas and knowledge form your post. keep it up.Again thanks for sharing. Visit My blog post:-DoctorReviewBlog

    ReplyDelete
  18. Best selection i m really impress with your content and very useful it.welcomebestreview

    ReplyDelete