Friday, December 17, 2010

Goodwill Repurpose Project

I love poking around at the Goodwill. I can't drive past without going in. If I do, I'm sure that was the day I would have found something amazing. I beeline pass the clothes, shoes and bags and go straight for home goods in the back. I love anything graphic, simple and cute. So, when I saw these plates I knew they must be mine!
$.99 a piece. There was a fourth one but the glaze was cracked, I like things in odd numbers anyways. So, I left it for someone else! I'm nice that way. I have some other Christmas plates that I wanted to use for the same project but when I saw these I like them much better. The hunt was then on for three square frames or canvases to mount them on. Around the corner, there they were calling to me...Karen, Karen.  Some things are just meant to be.
Yeah, I know just the right size! I gathered them up and headed for home. Grabbed the Heritage White spray paint, Gorilla glue and a little red grosgrain ribbon. Here's what I ended up with.






A nice pop of color in my kitchen! I love them with the pot o' candy canes!


I had a large project planned for today. But decided I needed to finish up my Christmas cards and a few other things. I'll get to it over the weekend. I can't wait! Think pink and green! Is there a more perfect color combination?

2 comments:

  1. They are gorgeous. Are you planning on changing out the plates for different seasons or are they glued down solid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea! The space behind my stove needs a backsplash. I could do for a quick and cheap fix. I'll be on the lookout now for the supplies.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete